Personal information collection
ISACA Manila may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
ISACA Manila collects and maintains a variety of personally identifiable information, including email addresses, phone numbers, and other payment information, business and home addresses, as well as demographic information such as courses or areas of study in which you may be interested. ISACA Manila collects information directly from you through, for example, online registration forms, as well as offline or query forms. Information is collected and maintained from members and non-members, event attendees, speakers, participants, asking queries in ISACA Manila programs, and other events, To the extent that information requested is not required for your participation in a given ISACA Manila program, you will be told which information is optional.
Using personal information
ISACA Manila uses personally identifiable information for the purposes described at the time of collection or as otherwise described to you, to process your requests, and to report to others about whether you are certified or not. ISACA Manila also publishes the names, titles, country and business affiliations of officers, committee members and others who have assisted with initiatives or projects. ISACA Manila also uses your information, as permitted by law, to provide you with information about ISACA Manila, our services in which we believe you may be interested, or for other legitimate ISACA Manila business purposes, by registering you for event or training programs. We may also use your personally identifiable information to tailor your experience at our sites, to compile and display content and information that we think you might be interested in, and to provide you with content according to such preferences.
ISACA Manila may share personally identifiable information with third parties for legitimate business purposes, including for the following reasons or in the following circumstances:
- To vendors or third-parties who deliver or provide goods and services or otherwise act on behalf of or at the direction of ISACA Manila, which third parties include, for example, exam testing agencies and training providers and partners, product-fulfilment, companies, third-party event hosts, other third parties who may provide services on web sites that are accessible from links on one of our Sites;
- To ISACA Manila volunteers and board members;
- If you are an event attendee, speaker, or sponsor, certain of your information will be included in the event roster, which roster will be publicly disclosed, and may also be shared with third-party event sponsors and exhibitors;
- To investigate potentially fraudulent or questionable activities;
- In anticipation of and in the course of an actual or potential sale, reorganization, consolidation, merger, or amalgamation of all or part of our business or operations; and
- When we believe it is necessary to cooperate with law enforcement or in response to a government request, including if specifically requested or required, as otherwise permitted by law, and for other valid ISACA Manila business purposes.
ISACA Manila also may use your profile information on an aggregate basis – without personal identifiers – to provide third parties with information, such as to help us develop new features and content for the Sites, and to provide Sponsors and others with aggregate information about our users and the usage patterns of the Sites.
ISACA Manila retains personally identifiable information for as long as necessary for its legitimate business purposes, and as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
Securing your data
ISACA Manila will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
ISACA Manila will store all the personal information you provide on its secure servers.
ISACA Manila uses reasonable measures to safeguard sensitive personally identifiable information, which measures are appropriate to the type of information maintained, and follows applicable laws regarding safeguarding any such information under our control.
ISACA cannot guarantee, however, that your information will remain secure. The Internet by its nature is a public forum, and ISACA Manila encourages you to use caution when disclosing information online. Often, you are in the best situation to protect yourself online. You are responsible for protecting your username and password from third party access, and for selecting passwords that are secure.
Links to Third-Party Sites
Your Privacy Rights Relating to Certain Information Disclosures
If you have an established business relationship with us you may request from us a list of the categories of personal information we have disclosed to third parties for those third parties’ marketing purposes, and a list of all third parties to whom we have shared that information. We will include in that list the names and addresses of the third parties who received the information and used it (or who we believe may have used it) for their own marketing purposes.
To exercise your rights, you may make one request each year by emailing us at email@example.com. Responses to requests sent to this email address or the mailing address listed below will be provided within 30 days.
How to Contact ISACA and Modify Your Information or Preferences
To help us keep your personal information up to date, or to request access to the personal information ISACA Manila maintains about you, you may contact us at Unit 2109 Cityland 10, Tower 2, #154 H.V. Dela Costa St., Makati City Or at +632.8942533, if you are a registered user of one of our Sites, you may go online to your personal profile and update your information in that area.