ISACA Manila is pleased to announce the “Academic Advocate Support Program”. This program aims to assist educators in preparing students to have rewarding careers in the information systems assurance, control, risk, security and enterprise governance professions.
This program is open to educators handling Accounting, Audit, Information Systems, Security courses in schools across the country. A total of eight educators will be chosen for this Program, two each from NCR, rest of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao.
ISACA membership shall be complimentary to the chosen Academic Advocates. ISACA Manila will support the membership fees worth $$$ for each chosen Academic Advocate. As members, they gain access to a global network of professionals, teaching and reference materials including COBIT and ISACA eLibrary. They become members to the Academe Committee who will help setup and establish ISACA Student Groups in their respective schools. Performance of the Academic Advocates will be evaluated after a year and results will determine their renewal or continuation to be part of the Program.
Nominate or apply now. Nomination period will close on May 31, 2019. The ISACA Manila Academic Advocate Selection Committee will announce the Academic Advocates on June 15, 2019.
Be an Academic Advocate.
Enrich your students’ careers. Enhance your professional resources. Grow the profession.
Info to be gathered in the application:
3. Number of teaching years of experience
4. Part-time or full-time
5. Subjects handled
6. Number of potential students to be members of the ISACA Student Group
7. Why you should be chosen, including understanding of the requirements of setting up an ISACA student group and planned activities for the ISACA Student Group.
Criteria for selection:
- Factors contributing to the likelihood of success – based on the applicant’s experience in handling similar undertaking, connection with the school (whether full-time or part-time), student commendations and endorsements, applicant’s understanding of the school requirements and challenges for establishing the ISACA student group, clarity of the planned activities for the ISACA Student Group. – 60%
- Desire or Interest to be part of the Program – based on the write-up submitted and interview – 30%
- Magnitude of potential impact – based on the population size of students who can be potential members to the ISACA Student Group – 10%
For more information, you may contact ISACA Manila Chapter at (02) 8942533 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org